Sunday, January 07, 2007

More from the Chore Without Wars Book

And the laugh riot continues...Chores without Wars offers a list of jobs by age. According to this, among the tasks your two and three year olds should be able to do:
  • Empty waste baskets (great - my little thumbsucker, emptying the bathroom waste. Lovely thought)
  • Help clear the table (yeah, if you want everything broken and spilt!)
  • Scrub the sink and tub (??? Really. Because I want a two-year-old handling noxious chemicals.)
My favorite, though, is the suggestion that five year olds can help paint their rooms. In what world is this a good idea??? Kids that can barely color within the lines, painting? Brilliant! Also, they should be able to take out the garbage. These people must have little garbage bags and tiny dumpsters. Heck, I can barely haul out the garbage without making a mess!

Here's a list that seems more appropriate to me.

| |

1 comment:

Jessica Gottlieb said...

This summer Adam (5), Eve (7) and I (I'll never tell you no matter what!) painted the dining room together.

It took about 2 months to get the green paint out of Adams hair.

Whomever wrote that book should be stoned with it and I'm not talking about the kind of stoned that feels good either!